For many years the RPI has also been involved in the development of IAEA Safety Standards and safety-related publications. The RPI staff members have contributed to the following IAEA and WHO documents:
- Assessing Public Exposure and Environmental Impacts due to Radioactive Discharges from Facilities and Activities. Safety Report Series, 2018 (in publication);
- Regulatory Control of Radioactive Discharges to the Environment. Draft Safety Standards Series DS442, 2018 (in publication);
- Performance of Models in Radiological Impact Assessment for Normal Operation, Report of Working Group 1 of the IAEA’s Environmental Modelling for Radiation Safety (EMRAS II) Programme, IAEA-TECDOC-1808, 2017;
- Environmental Change in Post-Closure Safety Assessment of Solid Radioactive Waste Repositories, Report of Working Group 3 of the IAEA’s Environmental Modelling for Radiation Safety (EMRAS II) Programme, IAEA-TECDOC-1799, 2016;
- Determining the suitability of materials for disposal at sea under the London Convention 1972 and London Protocol 1996: a radiological assessment procedure, IAEA-TECDOC-1759, 2015;
- Radiation Protection and Safety of Radiation Sources. International Basic Safety Standards. Interim Edition, General Safety Requirements Part 3. No. GSR Part 3, 2014;
- Transfer of Tritium in the Environment after Accidental Releases from Nuclear Facilities, Report of Working Group 7 of the IAEA’s Environmental Modelling for Radiation Safety (EMRAS II) Programme, IAEA-TECDOC-1738, 2014;
- Characterization of Radioactive Material and Waste after a Severe Accident. IAEA Material of the Annual Meeting of the International Network of Laboratories for Nuclear Waste Characterization (LABONET), 2013;
- Preliminary Dose Estimation from the Nuclear Accident after the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami. WHO Press, 2012;
- Environmental Modelling for Radiation Safety (EMRAS) — A Summary Report of the Results of the EMRAS Programme (2003-2007). IAEA-TECDOC-1678, 2012;
- Programmes and Systems for Source and Environmental Radiation Monitoring. Safety Report Series No.64, 2010;
- Handbook of Parameter Values for the Prediction of Radionuclide Transfer in Terrestrial and Freshwater Environments. Technical Report Series No.472. IAEA. Vienna. 2010;
- Radiation Legacy of the 20th Century: Environmental Restoration. IAEA-TECDOC-1280, 2002;
- IAEA Safety Report Series No.14. Assessment of Doses to the Public from Ingested Radionuclides, 1999;
- Intercomparison and Biokinetic Model Validation of Radionuclide Intake Assessment. IAEA-TECDOC-1071, 1999.
The RPI team members are involved in ongoing work of the IAEA, including lecturing, consultancies, IAEA appraisal missions and IAEA Safety Committees.
Dr. Volodymyr Berkovskyy is a representative of the country in the Waste Safety Standards Committee (WASSC).