The RPI is active in the fields of:
- Providing expert support to national and local authorities, regulatory agencies and industries in the fields of health, sanitary and epidemiological well-being of the population, nuclear and radiation safety and environmental protection;
- Providing consultations, expert opinions and services to organizations and citizens;
- Expertise and developing of methodical and normative documents and regulation in radiation safety;
- Modelling of radionuclide transport processes in the environment and human body and dosimetry;
- Radio-ecological and dosimetric monitoring of radioactively contaminated territories and researching into the effects of radiation exposure on the human health;
- Development of software for radiation safety and health risk assessment.