||The Central Testing Laboratory (CTL) of the RPI is certified in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Metrology and Metrological Activity” and has Metrological Certificates issued by the Ukrainian Standardisation Authority (Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine).
The RPI’s CTL is certified to perform:
- measurements of radiological characteristics, namely:
- dose of external exposure (thermoluminescent dosimeters);
- activity of gamma-emitting radionuclides (in vivo);
- gamma radiation rate in the premises of buildings and constructions (residential, industrial) and in the territories;
- specific activity of Sr-90, Cs-137, U-234, U-238, Pu-238, Pu-239, Am-241 in soil;
- specific activity of Sr-90, U-234, U-238, Pu-238, Pu-239, Am-241 in urine;
- specific activity of U-234, U-238, Pu-238, Pu-239, Am-241 in feces;
- specific activity of Sr-90, Cs-137, Pu-238, Pu-239 in environmental objects of plant origin;
- specific activity of Sr-90, Cs-137 in foodstuff;
- specific activity of natural radionuclides K-40, Ra-226, Th-232 in building materials (sands and clays of all types, gravel, chalk, gypsum, slates, crushed stone, dropouts of granite rocks of all types);
- physicochemical and bacteriological analysis of drinking water:
- mass concentration of: dry residue (total mineralization), general hardness, total alkalinity, calcium (Ca), chlorides, sulfates, total iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), copper (Cu), residual polyphosphates (PO43-), residual free and total chlorine (Cl), nitrates (NO3–), nitrites (NO2–), ammonium (NH4+), silicon (SiO2), turbidity;
- hydrogen indicator (pH) – activity of hydrogen ions;
- coloration (chroma) – degrees of color.