The FCT is intended for emergency and routine analysis of individual and collective doses of internal exposure. The main tasks that the FCT solves are:
- calculation of individual and collective doses of internal exposure under different conditions of intake of radionuclides;
- calculation of total doses of internal exposure from a group of radionuclides that intake simultaneously;
- reconstruction of internal doses of radionuclides on the basis of measurements on WBC or bioassay samples;
- calculation of local exposure doses to tissues of the human respiratory system due to the inhalation of alpha-emitting aerosols.
FCT is used in the Ministry of Emergencies and Affairs of Protection of the Population from the Consequences of the Chornobyl Disaster (from 2012 – The State Emergency Service of Ukraine).
- Time-Spatial Peculiarities of Dose Formation after Inhalation of Alpha Emitters. V.Berkovski, O.Bondarenko, Y.Bonchuk, G.Ratia, Y.Onishchuk. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol.79, Issue 1-4, October 1998, p.387-390